Sunday, June 08, 2008

Sometimes it's the years and not the mileage

I've been a huge fan of the Indiana Jones movies, and I had been waiting for the latest movie to come out for more than a year now. One word: FAIL.

What a dumb, stupid mess. Everything seemed so unnatural. It seemed as though they had run out of all ideas. Low on entertainment. Low on fun. Low on creativity. Sometimes, the years do start to count more than the mileage.

That said, it seemed to borrow a few things from Tintin. There were at least a couple of references that I noticed. The notion of aliens was referenced in Flight 714. Though, I wouldn't say that's necessarily where they borrowed it from. The second reference was the scene where Harrison Ford is crawling in the cave... it seemed to have been framed right out of the Prisoners of the Sun.

I hear Spielberg is working on a Tintin movie...

1 comment:

lavender tulips【ツ】 said...

I agree, the movie was a huge failure. I think George Lucas is a complete dodo bird.
The whole alien thing didn't make sense, the crystal skull looked like somthing my nephew made in kindergarden art class with aluminium foil & plastic and Shia LeBouf was so OBVIOUSLY his son.
Thank god I'm not a HUGE fan of the ageing Mr.Ford & IJ!
I'm so glad I got to saw the movie for free, if not I'd be asking for two hours of my life and a couple of pounds back from the cinema!